Every June, pride month is celebrated around the world to honour the LGBTQIA+ community, along with their activism and culture throughout history. Pride month allows people to express their individuality and how they choose to express it.
In this blog, we will share five cool ways you can celebrate pride month this year.
First things first … What is Pride Month?
Pride month, typically held in June, is dedicated to the celebration and commemoration of the LGBTQIA+ community. Pride month started shortly after the Stonewall Riot in 1969, which included a series of gay liberation protests.
The 1969 Stonewall Riot was the first major tipping point in the still ongoing fight for equal justice, opportunities and the right for personal expression.
5 ways to celebrate pride month:
1. Decorate your home with pride décor. Pride décor around your home can allow you to express yourself as an individual as well as celebrating and supporting the LGBTQIA+ community, including friends or family members. With this added support, you are helping everyone feel more open and assured about themselves. Therefore, they will be more inclined to be themselves around you as they will have your support.
Decorations can include rainbow-coloured garden lights, or bunting. Even wearing an LGBT ally pin is a great way to decorate your wardrobe, as well as showing your support.
2. Host a pride party. Hosting a pride party engages all aspects of the LGBTQIA+ community as it would be a judgement-free zone. People are more willing to express themselves and their personalities in a safe and welcoming environment.
Pride parties' welcome people of all ages and personal identifications. These can be expressed with rainbow-coloured balloons and drinks. People can also wear LGBT related lanyards as it’s a great way to show their inclusivity.
3. Wear your pride! What better way to show your support and inclusivity than wearing your pride? You can do this through wristbands, clothes, pins, keychains, etc.
Wristbands are a nice subtle way to engage with the celebrations and the honouring of pride month. They’re small, but at the same time, you can express your individuality freely. Pronoun pins or necklaces showcasing your pronouns are another way engage with the celebrations. Shoelaces and keychains help others know you support the LGBT community.
Why not check out our LGBT wristbands.
4. Attend a pride parade. Parades are a tradition in cities that’s popular among the LGBTQIA+ community. They are attended by a variety of people, including celebrities, politicians, artists, etc. Parades can be an excellent opportunity to meet new people and to find yourself in a safe and accepting environment. Pride parades are inclusive to everyone.
5. Donate to LGBTQIA+ organisations. By donating to LGBTQIA+ organisations, you are showing your support and acceptance to the LGBTQIA+ community. One example would be the Stonewall Organisation as all its profits will go into funding for LGBTQIA+ equality in Britain and around the world.
This would be an exceptional way to celebrate pride month as it would bring communities closer together around the world.
Now you have a variety of options to choose from to celebrate this special month. Obviously, there are countless ways to celebrate pride month, but it’s best to plan on how you want to show your inclusivity. Just visit our website to see what works for you or email us at email@example.com for any questions you may have.
We hope you found this blog useful. Why not stay connected and sign up for our mailing list today? You will be the first to discover new products, get insider tips and benefit from exclusive discounts. Plus, receive a complimentary downloadable wallet card for your emergency contacts.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
If you’ve just found out from your doctor that you need your spleen removed, you might feel overwhelmed or unsure as to how you should manage your condition.
This blog will explain why wearing a no spleen medical bracelet can help you communicate your condition to others better and how it may save your life during an emergency.